Thursday, August 12, 2010

Haliburton Day 4

Today we experimented with expressionism which is more aggressive with larger brush strokes, than impressionism. I quite liked it. We all tried a simple landscape using values and analagous colour schemes. In the afternoon we had a live model pose while we sketched in paint and then blocked in the shape. This is not an area that I have any experience in or enjoy, but I gave it a go and it wasn't half bad upon completion. I will post the photos I took on Monday. We then did the walkabout which was more of a drag about as I had been on my feet painting for two whole days. I am still drawn to the mosaics class. I went to the art auction but I was hungry and extremely tired so I left after a half hour. So here I am dear bloggers ready for bed at nine p m.

No comments:

Post a Comment