Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Save money on supplies

I have just returned from a trip to a local art supply store, Curry's in Markham, On. It never fails that they give me my 10% discount. All I have to do is show them my membership card to any local art association. So naturally I think it is a good idea for all aspiring or established artists to join your local art clubs. Joining has helped me enormously in learning the art business and networking with other artists. Your community most likely has an arts council which will inform you about upcoming shows or other opportunities you shouldn't miss. My own abilities have improved a great deal just from talking to or watching other artists in my club as they work during workshops. They have given me many tips on techniques or even organizational ideas for my supplies and studio.

No comments:

Post a Comment